Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cookin' with Google

I was so excited to come across this website:

http://www.researchbuzz.org/wp/tools/cookin-with-google/

Cookin' With Google allows you to find a recipe based on a list of ingredients that you may have in your fridge and cupboards. Ingenious!

I typed in "chicken, garlic, asparagus" and Google directed me to several cooking sites. Some of the suggested recipes included:
Penne with Chicken and Asparagus
Garlic Chicken With Asparagus and Mushrooms
Lemon-garlic Chicken Asparagus And Potatoes
It gets better! Vegetarian, diabetic, and gluten-free options are also available! I'm sure some of you are reading this and thinking "eh, welcome to the 21st century!"

This reminds me of a story. A couple of years ago, an older relative was sharing her thoughts with us on what to expect in the future. With an expression of certainty she announced, "one day you'll be able to work on your computer and it won't even need to be plugged in". I didn't have the heart to say "I'm sorry to tell you but that day is here". I guess sometimes everyone needs to feel they're ahead of the game, or at least still on the playing field, so please, don't bench me. I'm just so excited to find out that I can use what is in my fridge and come up with a meal plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment